Thursday, January 24, 2008

Minnesota AG's Office; Where's the coverage?

We received an interesting comment to the post directly below, "Billable hours are sooo 2007." (Believe it or not, I do read all your comments!)

This particular comment has nothing to do with the post to which it is attached, so I thought I'd pull it out and place it here in its own post so folks concerned with the topic would have the opportunity to get a look at it.

I do, naturally, have some thoughts on the topic the commenter asks about, but first wanted to open it up to see if anyone else had any input on this subject before I formulate a response. So, without further ado, here is the comment. Add anything you like, and I promise to address the substance of this sometime after the weekend.

I'm disappointed in Minnesota Lawyer's recent lack of coverage of the ongoing story of attempts to organize a union at the AG's office and AG Swanson's ham-handed efforts to undermine that effort (the Keystone Cops would have done a better job a union-busting). Minnesota Lawyer's blog help make the story public earlier and exposed the questionable decision to keep Mike Hatch on board. Now Minn Lawyer appears to have forgotten to do any follow up coverage. It was big deal when there was unrest in the US Attorney's Office but somehow the departure of 1/3 of the line attorneys at the AG's office in the past year and ongoing unionization efforts doesn't make for a story of public interest? C'mon. Where's the journalism?
While you are waiting for my insightful reply, I suggest you check out the piece Steve Perry wrote last week for his blog, the Daily Mole. ("It's cat-and-mouse in the AG's Office as staffers try to unionize.")

Read More...

[Source: Minnesota Lawyer Blog]

No comments: